This is an archive of past discussions. Do not edit the contents of this page. If you wish to start a new discussion, please do so on my current talk page.
Don't you ever delete another one of my pages or anyone elses pages on this wiki or another wiki again! If this happens again your user will be blocked and the web master will be contacted. —Preceding unsigned comment added by MariaRivera (talk • contribs)
- _This_ is new. What will the world come to, with this kind of gall... :::Shaking head sadly.::: MinorStoop 23:43, December 31, 2011 (UTC)
- You've warned this MariaRivera person, which appears on her userpage, but, strangely enough, not in your contribution history. No record of her page appears on the deletion log, either...
- You'd be right in telling me it's none of my business, but it's the sort of thing I make a point of following - don't want to be caught unawares, should it be needed. MinorStoop 00:43, January 1, 2012 (UTC)
YOU ARE DONE ON THIS WIKI! I am so done with you. You are banned from going on this wiki until 2012 is over. The webmaster is being contacted and I will tell him to block your user from this wiki. —Preceding unsigned comment added by MariaRivera (talk • contribs)
IP 18.104.22.168... Edit
has definitely earned a block for a number of vandalisms on user pages and main pages. What a New Year's night! MinorStoop 04:21, January 1, 2012 (UTC)
I don't think Cullen's malicious either, just less than bright. Which is certainly no sin, but of no help either. CJ's post has certainly been less than tactful (and probably so were mine), but do you really think that she will be of any help on the wiki? I doubt it - her record certainly does not shine (not here, not on other wikis); I fail to see any way to get anything useful out of her. I'm sorry; MinorStoop 01:39, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Let's hope so. A heavily prejudiced MinorStoop 05:04, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
Was wondering - should I issue warnings to the perps with the reversion of some vandalism, or is it better for them to be backed by an admin? MinorStoop 19:39, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
- This is pretty much a matter of course. Thanks! :) MinorStoop 23:10, January 3, 2012 (UTC)
I was wondering if you could turn out the wide navigation wiki feature.
I ♥ Coco Chanel, Ariana Grande, Heidi Klum, and MORE!☮☺ 01:23, January 6, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Pam (and Charmed-Jay),
I just wanted to let you guys know that staff quickly turned on an "entertainment calendar" yesterday that pops up on the right rail. We're just testing a potential feature and wanted to let you know. It'll disappear soon :)
(talk) 00:57, January 7, 2012 (UTC)
Usual buildup of candidates for deletion - a "Breaking Dawn Part Two (Movie Quotes)" (created way too early), a "Solomon Finar" (a redirect), "The BElla Cullen Project" (you set it aside before deciding, so it's still there) and a "Top list: Top Twilight Vampires...." (it appears to be a top ten list item, but I actually have not understood what it is).
May I hope to convince you to take care of them? Best, MinorStoop 08:14, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Jay took care of the Movie quotes page, but there is now a facebook page to be taken care of. I've already suggested the author to make it into a blog. MinorStoop 11:25, January 9, 2012 (UTC)
The Hunger GamesEdit
|Theatrical, SAG||Posted: 1/5/2012|
|YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE ON 1/20/2012 TO SUBMIT FOR THIS ROLE.|
|remove||SOLDIERS TYPES - WITH GUN HANDLING EXPER./Union/Non-Union/Background/Male/All Ethnicities/20-32
These are fighters/Soldiers. Fit. Fighting for life. Will be handling guns. Let me know if you have any exper. in weapons. Shoot Date: 1/20/2012
Role Added 1/9/2012 9:16 AM
RE: User Alaly321 Edit
A possible overstep. Edit
The opinion of short-TeamTaycob I expressed yesterday on LT's user page is of course personal and my own, by no mean binding; I failed to take into account that this kind of decisions is not mine to take.
Whatever decision you'll take in the future, I still stand by it, and its implied recommendation: TeamTaycob's main page edits seem to me pretty good - always appropriate and to the point, indicating that behind her overnumerous comments she actually pays attention to the wiki, to its content and to its formatting, something very few other people seem to be doing.
My apology for the faux pas, MinorStoop 12:57, January 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. MinorStoop 07:21, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
I haven't understood what this kind of users hope to accomplish (I've met another one couple of Christmases past), but User:Sasoroe will have to be watched somewhat closely. Also warned Tim, truth to tell. MinorStoop 17:42, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
- Tim has already taken care of it. :) MinorStoop 18:14, January 12, 2012 (UTC)
Comment on a page Edit
May be worth to keep track of this character. :) MinorStoop 20:46, January 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Thinking on it, this CB may be a false alarm. Wonder why I insist in seeing maliciousness when it's just inexperience. MinorStoop 21:31, January 14, 2012 (UTC)
That's why I painstakingly added "Vampire" to each nomad that deserved it. There was another category which underwent the same treatment, but I forget which and can't seem to find it again. MinorStoop 23:50, January 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually there was something like this with shapeshifters, all males except Leah Clearwater, female. Remembered it later. MinorStoop 07:17, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
Vanessa Cullen Rodrigues and her 4 IPs Edit
The easiest hypothesis is that it's just one person - there's no reason to think it's more than that. What I'm worried about is the multiple IPs (s)he seems to be hiding behind; (s)he may be switching computers on purpose - as smart a tactic as the motivation is stupid. What do you think, is there anything we can do or should we simply wait it out? Best, MinorStoop 14:24, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. MinorStoop 07:47, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, okay, thanks. I've been using the serial comma for years. Sorry for a majority of my recent edits being based solely on comma usage.
TeamTaycob 03:24, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
You OK? Edit
Since you seem even less involved than usual, I wonder whether it's alright with you - hope you're just busy outside the wiki.
But, well, since Charmed-Jay entered the vampire/non-vampire nomads/creators/Cullen witnesses fray, some arbitration may be needed if you're willing to give it. Me, I've categorized this way for consistency with the shapeshifters' tree - essentially, they've all got their gender in their own pages. MinorStoop 17:44, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- That was a bit oversnoopy, I admit - my apologies. However, thanks for the help. MinorStoop 07:13, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
Am I at least allowed to thank you for dealing with Alaly's alterations to my talk page? :) MinorStoop 08:14, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
Archive 7 is repeated. Edit
Just so you know. :) The name at least; dates are OK. MinorStoop 09:56, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Pam, we may have to rethink our concept of shapeshifters. I've followed a link to Twilghtlexicon and I found out that they merely divide the tribe in "non-transforming" members and "transforming", beautifully sidestepping the whole question of how to call the unphased shifters between Ephraim Black's pack and the current ones. MinorStoop 10:22, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Noticed later that even they did not go completely down the road - on the characters' pages they keep saying "become a werewolf" for "phasing". So I'm not supported as well as I had thought and would have liked.
- Problem is, in my opinion, that shapeshifters are human beings with an extra capability, which is passed from father to son (mostly), and expressed only when there are vampires around. Billy Black, Harry Clearwater, etc. are as much shapeshifters as their forefathers before them and their children after them, but had not had the chance to show it. And the pack members are as human as the generations in between.
- As a first idea, I'd say "humans" as the highest category, "shapeshifters" just below it, and "phased" (followed by the packs) or "unphased" (followed by the individuals in question) as third-highest. And the appropriate changes in the pages, of course.
- Of course subject to your criticism, CJ's, LT's and whoever else's. MinorStoop 20:57, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- "Quileute" going possibly between "humans" and "shapeshifters". MinorStoop 21:05, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Never thought to use diabetes as a touchstone, but I get your point.
- Both Ephraim and Jacob Black phased; it goes strictly from parent to child; that extra chromosome present in Jacob (and why should the others be without?), Embry's father _having_ to be a Quileute, made me think about phasing in terms of metamorphosis. Billy Black is the greatgrandchild of a shifter, the father of another - he's a shifter; that simple. MinorStoop 21:58, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- P.S. Three sentences, and it took me half an hour just to get them just right! (:::Frustrated.:::)
- How the heck did I manage to overhaul this wiki's language?
- "Quileute" going possibly between "humans" and "shapeshifters". MinorStoop 21:05, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Yep, I still believe that they should - shapeshifting is a positive attribute; it has clearly _not_ been lost between Ephraim Black's generation and Jacob's. The rule is there (father to son direct heredity, most of the time) and also a potential marker (the extra chromosome). It does not necessarily apply to all Quileutes (just to three families - the Atearas, the Blacks and the Uleys), and if you distinguish between "phased shifter" and "unphased shifter" it may not be confusing at all. MinorStoop 23:58, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
P.S. No, I am not going to start an unagreed-upon wholesale variation to the layout as it is now.
- Dammit, I tripped on the "baldness" again - completely forgot you already mentioned it. Until I can get a more convincing argument, I'll have to settle for this to be an open topic; hope to manage not to bring it up again until I can really counter your objections. MinorStoop 07:37, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
I think it has been this way for quite a long time, but the News section doesn't work, thus it doesn't work on the front page as well. Long-TT brought this to my attention and I looked at the page, but it's beyond my skills to repair. Oddly enough I figured there would be a ton of code on it's page, but there is hardly any to speak of. Do you think it could be fixed? LuckyTimothy 19:57, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Native American Edit
It's the only category of this kind: I would even part with it.
No car is mentioned as "Modern American", nor Volterra's Palace as "Historical Italian" and such - they'd be absurd. MinorStoop 12:27, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
Minor characters. Edit
You'll have noticed I've altered the tree for "Minor characters". Unfortunately, there is some conflict within the Denali Coven, but I'm forced to stop for other commitments. Plan to deal with it as soon as I'm back. MinorStoop 15:24, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Done. MinorStoop 16:13, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
- When you've got an idea on how it should be, let me know. :) I'll be glad to help. MinorStoop 03:42, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
bellscullen told me to shut the f*** up
Dear TagAlongPam ,
she said this in the chat room
Hey :) I wonder, if you need/want the transcript of Twilight and/or the other films?? i would post it! Neyla98 09:20, January 24, 2012 (UTC)Neyla98
Very sorry, it's a known issue across all Wikia sites - I just brought it up again & it's still "being dealt with." Shall I <--- comment it out ---> until it gets fixed?
Wikia is rolling out some special events for the Grammys and we wanted to ask Twilight Wiki if they wanted to participate since Bruno Mars is being nominated for an award.
How would you feel about being interviewed regarding the Grammys? It would be a simple set of questions which then we would include in a blog on Music Wiki.
Let us know what you think and we hope you'd like to participate! And we also wanted to put up a badge (temporary) on the mainpage indicating that Metal Wiki is part of the Grammys promotion.
Feel free to discuss with other admins about what you think.
(talk) 01:34, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
Jared and Kim edit Edit
Hi, how are you ?
After seeing the Jared and Kim change I decided to read that part again and Jacob had said
“No drama there. It was just a girl he’d sat next to in school every day for a year and never looked at twice. And then, after he changed, he saw her again and never looked away. Kim was thrilled. She’d had a huge crush on him. She’d had his last name tacked on to the end of hers all over in her diary.” So I just wanted to tell that I am editing that thing again and I hope you won't mind.
Thank you David Cullen 13:07, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
No, I told her to shut up, she called me a bitch for no reason and that's why I told her to shut up .
♥Bellscullen♥ 18:47, January 25, 2012 (UTC)Bellscullen
Human La Push. Edit
"La Push WA" has every right to be categorized under "Quileute", but I thought that it made more sense to remove it, so to list both "Quileute" and "Makah" under "Humans". MinorStoop 20:31, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Same for "Astral Projection". Of course, I'm open to counterarguments. MinorStoop 20:33, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
"Minor families" Edit
Since the minor members of the main Quileute lineages (Ateara, Black, etc.) have their own page, it would make sense to create one for the secondary lineages, i.e. Littlesea (Kevin, Collin and very likely Julia) and Fuller (Brady). Bit of a dumb, 3+1, I admit, but a Fuller family is unwarranted, methink. MinorStoop 20:46, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
Nitpicky category categorization. Edit
I seem to vaguely remember that among admin privileges there is the one of renaming categories.
If so, I was wondering if you could lowcapitalize a few of them, i.e.:
Sancar's Harem - that is, if in this case Harem is not considered equivalent to Coven.
While I'm at it, the following users put themselves in nonexistent categories: User:TeamSwitzerland (Team Shape-Shifters Users), User:Wolvesforever17 (Team wolfpack users, but there is a Team Wolf Pack users), and User:Pucktana88 (Team JLS).
Thanks! MinorStoop 21:10, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
We (Wikia) were wondering if you could take this survey:
- Why did you decide to have videos on a separate page vs embedded in the relevant articles
- Do you see your wiki as a good place to watch and share videos?
- What's your favorite current place to watch and share videos of Twilight and what do you like about that site?
- Have you ever used the related videos module and what do you like and dislike about it?
- How do you feel about having the module on article pages and it’s positioning on the page?
- How do feel the content quality compares to what you could find on youtube?
- Would you ever consider placing this video within the article content? If not, would you consider it if there were more editorial features?
Also, would you mind if I put these questions into a blog for additional user feedback? We're just trying to get some "real" feedback from admins and users on some of our more popular wikis. :)
I should have added this screenshot for reference, this example was taken from the bottom of the Leah Clearwater page...
Categories and Quileute. Edit
Well, it would have been easier to rename a category, but since even I can modify an user page, I can deal with the whole business. Should take an hour or so, will do it later on when I have an unbroken one to devote to the topic.
About the Quileute non-human pages, this requires some thought - geographical pages are listed as "Real world", objects as "Memorable items" or "Merchandising".
I frankly fail to see astral projection as anything else than a "special ability" - far as I can tell no shapeshifter show any SA (unless you count pack telepathy and Command voice, which you probably should), but some pre-vampiric humans do. I also see Emmett's enhanced strength more akin to wolves' "traits" than vampire "abilities", so perhaps there's more than a little overlap. MinorStoop 08:38, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Completed category transfer, except Hancar's Harem, which I deemed as just another Coven name. Old categories are marked for deletion, for whichever admin coming first's pleasure.
- If I didn't think that having a "Quileute People" for human beings and "Quileute" for everything else was too much I'd implement two categories to solve this category's ambivalence. MinorStoop 11:59, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
Re: Archive Edit
Yep, it is, thank you very much. Was trying to obey some uselessly complex old instructions, and you've seen the results.
Thank you also for fielding David Cullen for me.
Ngebendi 22:00, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
ok thanks :)
David Cullen 06:42, January 27, 2012 (UTC)
Mr. Maxroxy may require a block for vandalism. MinorStoop 13:15, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
RE: E-mail Edit
Hi I am Edward_Is_Better_23, I am here to report Lollipop King to you as I have read http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Lollipop_king/top_Three_reasons_why_twilight_SUCKS#comm-237399. Because it sounds that he or she should not be here, plus it maybe because he or she is here to troll.
P.S. Are the southern "wars" plural or singular? That is, Maria was involved in Benito's event or she just happened to operate indipendently in the same area at a later time?
- Thank you! MinorStoop 08:57, January 30, 2012 (UTC)
What did you decide? Edit
Thank you so much, TagAlongPam. I'm still trying to absorb all these new things, but it's all good. Thank you! :)
TeamTaycob 05:36, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
Volturi Guard Edit
I was wondering, should it be "Volturi Guard" because it's a sort of standing army/police force, or "Volturi guards" because it's a tag like "Volturi leaders" or "wives"? Best, MinorStoop 16:45, January 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Done, thanks! MinorStoop 08:05, February 1, 2012 (UTC)
The few times I've worked with references, I noticed something funny: that is even when all the tags <ref>/</ref> are correct, previewing the text gives the notice that a tag or something such is needed, while regularly saving it, nothing like that is requested. I'm not sure how to react to that, can you advise?
Best, MinorStoop 10:58, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Since there's no problem with actually saving the text, it may just be a line of code they did not take out from preview. Thanks! MinorStoop 13:34, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
RE: Wiki activityEdit
Oh, okay. I didn't do any permanent damage, did I?
TeamTaycob 01:42, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks also from me - has a vague idea that it may have been a cleaning up of some sorts, but no deeper understanding. :) MinorStoop 06:51, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
OK, I'm going over the whole imprint-whatever list and remove the detail. If someone wants to have 'em back, (s)he'll have to put it back her/himself. MinorStoop 22:16, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- While I'm at it, I'm also removing coven mates as family members (Cullens excepted). Strict relationships they may be, but hardly formally familial. MinorStoop 22:35, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Can you adobt a grandchild? "Adopted granddaughter" seems absurd to me! MinorStoop 22:39, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
The familial relationships in infoboxes...Edit
... need to be polished, a longish and boring job.
The low-caseing of the appropriate capitalized words, the removal of coven mates not otherwise family, the translation of spouses into husband/wife, or viceversa (I'll decide later) should be fairly obvious.
However, I wanted your opinion before starting to removed the fairly numerous "unnamed" whatever. Thanks! MinorStoop 23:13, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Hope I got the Denali Coven familial relationships right, but perhaps a check wouldn't hurt, if you're willing. Thanks! MinorStoop 12:32, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
RE: Chat banEdit
I thought about it for a while, and I decided that this MaxroxY user will be banned from chat until his block is over, which will be in a week.
TeamTaycob 03:25, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
Hello I dont know how some people tag pages for deletion, it would be really kind of you if you did tell me. And please delete http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Forks_High_staff as I have made a new category page, http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Forks_High_School_staff to replace it. Thought High school sounded better and made more sense.
David Cullen 12:55, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
Video module update Edit
As you might have heard, we have been testing out a new related videos module here and I wanted to let you know we are ready to try out a new location for the module. We will be moving it to the right rail, below the recent activity box. We hope this will be a better location, and provide people with easier access to these videos. We will be activating this on Thursday February 9, so please let me know if you have any questions. I also left a message for LuckyTimothy, Charmed-Jay, TeamTaycobSoDealWithIt & Kmanwing. In the future if there is a better place to contact all the admins at once, please let me know where that is. --Sarah (help forum | blog) 17:55, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
Actors' age and subst template. Edit
The addition of the age to the actors' infoboxes may be in principle a good idea, but, unless it's computed automatically, will have to be painstakingly maintained every year. Do you know if it's at all possible to code write a piece of code that yields the difference (in years) between today's date and the birthdate of the actor? I'd rather do this than just plainly revert David Cullen's work. Thanks! MinorStoop 06:57, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Furthermore, that you know of, how does one proceed to add a new template in the editor list? My exchange with BellaRenesmeeEdward made it fairly clear that the "Vandal" template is sometimes too strongly worded, and thought that perhaps an "Inappropriate" one may have its uses. MinorStoop 08:13, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll have also to ask you if you could teach me how to properly code a "subst" template. Unless you think I should ask LT or staff. MinorStoop 08:34, February 10, 2012 (UTC)
Well, thanks for the date/age template info. For the moment, I've decided against the "Inappropriate" template - an explanation of why something is unsuited fits better the bill. Many thanks! MinorStoop 16:21, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
Can I have ROLL-BACK rights?Edit
Hello my name is Jess and I would like to know If I am able to get roll-back rights. i know that I have only been on here for like 5-6 weeks.
The Twilight Saga Wiki Rules!!!!!!!
Page for deletion Edit
This page is up for deletion. I was one click away from doing so, but I noticed it seemed to be an extension of the front page with just ":Users" added to it. I'd rather not delete the entire wiki if possible, lol. I'm sure nothing will happen if I did delete it but I thought I'd err on the side of caution and ask you. LuckyTimothy 20:30, February 11, 2012 (UTC)
Maxroxy and publicity. Edit
Sorry to bother you - I think that Mr Maxroxy is ready for another block, perhaps for a bit longer than 2 weeks.
Furthermore, IP 22.214.171.124 left multiple instances of the same publicity comment on the Vampire, Breaking Dawn and Twilight pages. MinorStoop 13:51, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
Austin Belt, this timeEdit
- Never mind, been taken care of. MinorStoop 21:23, February 12, 2012 (UTC)
Commenr on Jacob's page.Edit
Hi, I was browsing through the recent wiki activity and seen a comment on Jacob's page "ha i sucked his d**k yesterday". Bellscullen 05:00, February 13, 2012 (UTC)Bellscullen
Was thinking to merge the "husbands" and "wives" into "spouses", "fathers" and "mothers" into "parents", and same for the "grand-"generation, shifting the gender category down a notch. Could also explode "siblings" into "brothers" and "sisters", but it's harder, if not impossible, to explode "mates" into two equivalent gendered categories. "Feller" and "Judy", perhaps, but they're British (Londoner, I think) usage and I happen to know them by a circuitous route that not everybody has taken. Of course, it's not possible to ungender "Objects of imprinting" and "Imprinted wolves", but that can't be helped.
Since it's a bit of a biggie, wanted to hear another opinion, before doing it.
MinorStoop 15:13, February 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Done, thanks. Am not sure about "imprinting-based relationship", but it's not cast in stone. MinorStoop 13:19, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Does not seem that much better to me; I am looking for a single word encompassing both - "Mates", "Spouses" and such. Perhaps there's none - imprinting is not part of the human beings evolutionary legacy. MinorStoop 05:56, February 15, 2012 (UTC)
His block has expired, and, since Short-TT is likely busy off-wiki to lift his ban from chat, I'll remind you of it. MinorStoop 13:19, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind - I've contacted TT about it. MinorStoop 15:56, February 14, 2012 (UTC)
Comment in volturi page Edit
Hi, can you please delete this comment http://twilightsaga.wikia.com/wiki/Volturi#comm-244966 or edit it and make it f**k or something like that. Thanks David Cullen 06:19, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
Feel free to step in whenever you think it's needed - my social skills are not necessarily the best ones in the world. MinorStoop 08:36, February 16, 2012 (UTC) P.S. "Unpublished" is obvious, tho'!
Referencing non-official sitesEdit
How do you recognize non official sites? MinorStoop 13:07, February 16, 2012 (UTC)
At the top of the category tree. Edit
Mistook it for "Twilight characters". MinorStoop 18:51, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
Photopop Character CategoryEdit
just so you know, I've contacted staff about it, and they've confirmed the obsolescence of the category, authorizing its removal.
MinorStoop 04:24, February 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Your unusual frivolity makes me guess you didn't like the category either. Welcome to the club! :) MinorStoop 06:39, February 25, 2012 (UTC)
Some deletion. Edit
Perhaps I should leave this to Short-TT to do, for her to master the mass deletion of comments, but I'm bothering you instead. :)
Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199 has left a few fairly disparaging comments on Emmett Cullen's page which should go, I think. There are also a few on Jaccara's talk page, which may just be plainly dumb.
Could you please ask Charmed jay for me since he has locked his talk page why he keeps reverting my edits20:05, February 26, 2012 (UTC)
New Moon graphic novelEdit
According to Team Jacob Girl, the graphic novel of New Moon is going to be split in a number of issues. As proof she provides Twilightish.com and Amazon.com - I'm not sure how trustworthy the first is, and can't very well use the second in the external link.
What do we do? Thanks! MinorStoop 21:31, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Done. This takes care of the external link, I believe. MinorStoop 21:46, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
No doubt you have noticed they underwent the same (long overdue) categorization shift for nomads and shapeshifters - Renesmee is a hybrid.
Can't think of any other situation that may warrant the job.
MinorStoop 14:46, March 2, 2012 (UTC)
I know Edit
so i know that the achivements arnt in use the old ones but could i just download and upload them when i've done them?
Known humans page, and species-specific insults. Edit
For consistency, we should create a page for "Known humans", but, since I fail to see a real reason for the "Known beings" kind of pages, I'm not exactly keen to do it. I'll want an outside opinion, if you're willing to give it.
As for the "Whatever species insults" pages, are they really needful? I know they've got a long history, but they seem to me more morbid than useful.
MinorStoop 21:20, March 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Done, I've taken my life in my hands and marked the pages for deletion - both insult and people list. The first available admin can delete 'em.
- MinorStoop 04:02, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
188.8.131.52(Needs to be delt with) Edit
This person has been using disgusting words.
Re: Books/published Edit
It was either that, or separate the "Books" and "Graphic novels" categories - which would probably be a better idea. MinorStoop 13:13, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Unless, of course, we want to completely rethink this particular tree and have "Published books", "Unpublished books", "Published graphic novels" and "Unpublished graphic novels."
- Separating "Published" and "Unpublished" in the first tier, jumbling "Books" and "Graphic novels" together in the second is absurd, in my opinion. MinorStoop 13:25, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Meh, let's try this. Wouldn't know if it's satisfactory; let me know. MinorStoop 15:09, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
Meaning I've fallen for a false problem? MinorStoop 20:25, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Forgotten your "less is more" axiom, actually. MinorStoop 20:54, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- See your point, but I like it better this way. :) MinorStoop 17:26, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Probably we'd be better off by dispensing with the published/unpublished dichotomy. I find it's flimsier than the book/graphic novel one. While I was at it, I rearranged some "Merchandise" items, some fit better with books only; DVDs, well, they'd probably would fit under "movies". Kept as merchandise only toys and journals essentially. MinorStoop 21:35, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah - I was thinking about a week-long Woodstock-style event, while you're away... MinorStoop 21:41, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Have fun! I don't think things in the chat will get out of line, but I'll be there (along with patrolling other parts of the Wiki) just in case. And I do promise that if we have a few parties, we'll take pictures. ;) TeamTaycob 21:46, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
How do you do the warning template when you edit a talk page and the image thing when youre t Special:Upload ?
Categorization policy. Edit
in my opinion, the serial categorization seems a bit awkward - we have five books, and their title make the first basic categories. Fine thus far, but then we have four "Title-here movie" categories, four "Title-here crew" categories, four "... cast" and "... images", categorized under the book titles, and five "... characters" categories, which aren't.
"Twilight" -> "Twilight movie" -> "Twilight film cast", "... crew", "... images"
"Twilight Saga characters" -> "Twilight characters", etc.
I was thinking that perhaps we should keep the five title categories as they are, but discorporate everything else from then; so to have both Bella Swan and Kristen Stewart categorized as whatever title they appear in, then Bella as character and Kristen Stewart as actress. I fail to see the usefulness of having "Twilight" repeated four or five times.
Since it's a biggie, and I am not completely clear with the idea myself, I wanted an external opinion before starting.
MinorStoop 13:23, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Something along the lines of Elizabeth Reaser, March 19, 8:33am version, and Esme Cullen, March 19, 8:31am version - if needed, rollback will be done in a jiffy. MinorStoop 08:39, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
- OK. It was just an idea.
- Had fun on vacation? MinorStoop 12:13, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
- I am not that sure that the book/movie split is so important - no book, no movie. But then, there's a lot of continuity between the four books/movies, so much that having four categories for "cast" and four for "crew" seems to me overdoing it.
- Perhaps we may find a common ground - I'd kill the "* cast" and "* crew" categories, keeping two general "actor/cast" and "crew" categories and reporting every relevant page under the appropriate "* film" category. Same may apply to the "film images" categories.
- On the book side, I'd kill the "whatever-book-title characters" categories, since the book category itself and the "major/minor/mentioned/deceased characters" should be plenty.
- What do we do with the "images of character/actor" categories?
- MinorStoop 13:45, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Done - cast, crew, composers and directors. Do we keep composers and directors separate from crew?
- For the moment, I've kept the "* film" categories on pages; we may remove 'em later on, less work this way than reinstating if we decide we want them back.
- MinorStoop 21:10, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
LT suggested that I message you about this (I already left a post on the adminship requests page), but I'm fully aware that this is my second request. I want to help this Wiki, and I feel that if I'm an admin, I'll be able to do so a lot more. I'm very dedicated; I log on to the Wiki every day (when I have the time, that is), I fight vandalism/spam and I respect the users here, and I've been a user here for 6 months. I also make good, reasonable edits around here and I don't have a history of being blocked. As I said on my first request, I have experience with adminship. Thank you! --Love and Lust 20:25, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- So we can lay this thread to rest, I just wanted to add that David Cullen is perhaps a better candidate for adminship - no unrelated comments, at least. MinorStoop 08:44, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
Gendered actors Edit
Do we categorize actors by gender? If it wasn't done by now, it does not seem to be needed, but this Carlos Los Davis may have a point. MinorStoop 10:56, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Perfect. Thanks! MinorStoop 17:38, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
- As a corollary, the gendered division of characters is less than useful. I'm removing it. MinorStoop 08:04, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
Oh, I found a site for the Official Newborn pics.
Acrimonous blog Edit
Pam, if LT has not already dealt with it first, the blog Admins! and Hunger Games should be deleted - its comments have definitely become vitriolic.
Thanks! MinorStoop 13:59, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
User Flowerlove Edit
Do you have any idea of who or what this user Flowerlove may be? The only thing (s)he ever does is to delete videos, so (s)he must have some kind of privileges, even if she's got no "admin" or "staff" tag. MinorStoop 19:12, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks like you're right. Wish I understand what (s)he's doing, though. MinorStoop 11:48, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Pam, it's about a month that this Flowerlove user keeps deleting the Sneak Peak Wedding Event from the related videos - about 90 different pages, but always that video, with no explanation; as if (s)he hates that video. It certainly gives me the creeps.
- What do we do? MinorStoop 18:43, April 3, 2012 (UTC)
Commend editor - black on black. Edit
Say, Pam, I've contacted staff because the new comment editor is set for black text on black background - they've redirected to local admins. Can I bother you with it, unless the "wikia.css" mentioned in your history is something every user has to alter for her/himself? Thanks, MinorStoop 19:31, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
- Absolutely short on details - as if they couldn't be bothered.
- Well, I'll see what I can do with my ".css" page later on. MinorStoop 05:04, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
would it be alright for me to be a admin? i was just wondering....please write back on my page
teamtwigirl 14:50, March 28, 2012 (UTC)
For User:Flowerlove makes four strikes - hope you don't mind to proceed with the block.
Tracking senses. Edit
- At worst, we'll revert everything. I only know the ugliness of the "sensory whatever" naming. MinorStoop 20:06, April 5, 2012 (UTC)
do u wanna play a twilight chlaracter on the twilight role playing wiki?
that is the link for my blog about the wiki
if u wanna be a character message me AFTER u have read the blog
Hello55522 15:07, April 7, 2012 (UTC)
Tracking sense Edit
Finally managed to merge the three tracking sense articles into one called "Tracking". If another admin hasn't beaten you to it, please remember to rename "Tracking" to "Tracking sense" on deletion of the old ones. Thanks! MinorStoop 10:37, April 9, 2012 (UTC)
Hey! Last night, I was struck with an idea! They come rarely, so I'm happy :D! Anyway, there is a lot of "projects" going on over the wiki that many people don't know about. How about we create a "To-Do" Page where projects are posted to keep people up to date and allow new people to get straight to work. I thought it sounded like a good idea xD! Get back to me and tell me what you think!! -TheLunarEclipse
- Any and all projects. All I know is that I log on daily to see how things are, see an edit I don't like, delete it, and then get pointed up about how I "don't edit much and therefore cannot know what is going on". I don't know, I'm just fed up of it and I think that we should keep a list of what members are trying to accomplish what. It's really confusing and I'm still trying to put the idea together and find a way to make it shine... -TheLunarEclipse
Eclipse movie review pageEdit
It's with some amusement that I noticed that this page is fully protected against editing and that no review is there. It does not seem that there has been any vandalism, though, so it may have been just a playground for an admin or above's experiments.
However, I wonder - Twilight and New Moon reviews are full, OK, but Eclipse and the two Breaking Dawn are likely to stay empty, with blogs and comments and all that. What is your idea for them? MinorStoop 07:42, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
- Didn't think to check for comments - and it settles the issue. Thanks! MinorStoop 21:03, April 14, 2012 (UTC)
Broken redirects. Edit
There's a bunch of broken redirects (none of those you like keeping and on which we've got different opinions) that I'd like to delete. Unless you want to delete them yourself, I was thinking to have admin rights for half a day so to delete them myself. Don't know what you think of it, and it's going to be temporary anyway. MinorStoop 08:40, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Job's done, I've also taken the liberty to unban from chat a few people who have been banned for at least ten days, most of them more than a month. Unlikely repeat offenders, in my opinion.
- Have also "unadministered" myself, so things are back to normal. :)
- Thanks! MinorStoop
Some people are incredible - here (s)he goes again. No explanation, no apologies; she just started deleting yet another video. MinorStoop 00:22, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
Depending on who gets about this, first - among other IPs, Special:Contributions/184.108.40.206 has been leaving on other IPs some comments linking to porn sites. Spambot? MinorStoop 07:00, April 21, 2012 (UTC)
Pam, you'll have noticed I've unstubbed a number of articles - some seemed too long, and others, particularly minor characters and minor locations, seemed self-contained - not enough info available to improve them. Thought you may want to know. MinorStoop 12:35, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
Twilight chosen for chat updates also Edit
Hey there, Twilight was also chosen for the chat updates (which I contact you on the hunger games wiki about). Let me know if its alright to test here also. Thanks! Sarah (help forum | blog) 21:20, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Now Live! The updates are live here. You will need to leave the old chat, refresh the page and then you can join the new chat. Please let me know of any issues. --Sarah (help forum | blog) 20:25, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
Broken redirects again.Edit
- Back to country again - thanks! 02:27, May 18, 2012 (UTC)
... seems back to her/his tricks. Another block? MinorStoop 18:08, June 7, 2012 (UTC)
I know this is a big step, but I am going to disable commenting on this Wiki for a week, just to see how the users like it. We could all use a week of peace and quiet, too. Best, TeamTaycob 00:26, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
- To be honest, I like it. I can finally hear myself think again! TeamTaycob 03:38, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
Thought to let you know I'm going to leave for a bit of vacation next Thursday, until the end of the month. Considering I'm three or four days short of it, I'll probably hunt for the 200-days-on-the-wiki badge anyway, but other than that, I'll give the community a bit of rest from my abrasive personality - hope there won't be too much reversing to do afterwards! :) MinorStoop 12:08, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
Question for You about Renesmee Edit
Hey, My name is Jessie and I am a huge fan of Twilight, obviously, and I have a question about the fourth book and upcoming movie. I do not remember Renesmee getting as big as she is in the upcoming movie. Do you think that could affect the movie negatively. I mean, she grew up way fast but just not that fast. I absolutely love the movies and I do not think I will be disappointed, but why do you think they did that?
please help these people just verbally assulted the twilight wiki chat
Hi, Pam It is Jess, I would like to imform you thank this user has been putting rude and horrible things on here.
TWILIGHT IS GAY is the page that needs to be seen to.
Oh. my apoligizes. I hope we can be friends. :]
Always and Forever,