Re: Olympic Coven Extension
Not that you have to ask my permission, but I'm cool with the things you've added to the Olympic Coven page. However, I don't really agree with the title- I maintain that the Denali Coven (and werewolves) are not actual family to the Cullens or members of their coven. I'd prefer a heading like "Close friends", or "Relationships", or something. Those groups are close to the coven, but not a part of it.
As for the Bree Tanner comment, I agree with you about her purpose in the novel. She was meant to show Bella what it would really mean to be a newborn vampire. And I'm 95% sure that I read Stephenie Meyer say something along those lines, as well. I just can't remember where. -TagAlongPam (talk) 02:35, July 23, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Heidi's gift... again
I have searched many times for an official source that states Heidi's gift, and I have never found one. Seems like a rumour that got very out of control, to me. -TagAlongPam (talk) 20:55, August 8, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Harry's death/Seth and Leah's phasing
Well I think it's possible. Leah phasing definitely would've been a shock, since there had never been a female werewolf before. I'm pretty sure Stephenie Meyer confirmed that it was indeed the cause of his heart attack. -TagAlongPam (talk) 19:02, August 9, 2010 (UTC)
Re: Administrator wreaking havoc
BlondieEllie has made a request for adminship here, and I'd like the opinion of a few of our more active admins before making a decision. I'd appreciate your input. Thanks. -TagAlongPam (talk) 04:31, September 12, 2010 (UTC)
Eclipse film edit
Not that I'm crying about it, but any particular reason you undid my edit. I thought it was little tidbit that might be appreciated. Just curious. :) LuckyTimothy 04:46, September 13, 2010 (UTC)
When renaming pages (like you did with James's Coven), use the "rename" option instead of copying and pasting from one page to another. That way, the history of the page will move with it. -TagAlongPam (talk) 00:22, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
- Couldn't. That's why I did it that way. The page already existed. --Charmed-Jay 05:42, July 13, 2011 (UTC)
New video module test
Hey Charmed-Jay - Just wanted to let you know about the blog post I just posted here. Your wiki has been chosen to test our new video module - read all the details here. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I also will be leaving a message for TagAlongPam and LuckyTimothy. If you feel other admins should know as well - please share my blog post with them. Cheers, Sarah (help forum | blog) 18:20, October 19, 2011 (UTC)
Regarding Cullen's are HOT
Cullen's are HOT has been blocked for the past week—they can't possibly have done anything to warrant the harsh message you left them today. You need to stop assuming that everyone who messes up around here is doing so maliciously and remember that a lot of our users are very young. That user has still not done anything to earn an infinite block, and I will not let you use your admin rights to bully people. -TagAlongPam (talk) 23:45, January 1, 2012 (UTC)
- May have been harsh, but she ain't that young anymore. and I wouldn't call my message harsh, I would say it was a warning to stop her mischief. And it is not bully if I'm not the one starting a fight. --Charmed-Jay 05:58, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- We have no idea how old she actually is, and you saying you're "fed up with her crap" is not the proper way to deal with the situation. Regardless, she doesn't need any more warning right now and you can hardly argue that she is picking a fight with you at the moment (if ever). -TagAlongPam (talk) 06:25, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
Never said she was the one picking a fight. And yes, I've been fed up, why hide it? This kind of mischief is what got me editing this wikia in the first place anyway. --Charmed-Jay 06:29, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- There are more diplomatic ways of saying you're fed up. Being an admin doesn't give you a pass to be rude to someone who is not being rude to you. -TagAlongPam (talk) 16:47, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't BE rude because I'm admin. And what's said is said, certainly not gonna take it back. Think whatever you like, no interest of arguing anymore. --Charmed-Jay 17:52, January 2, 2012 (UTC)
Video Module Update
As you might have heard, we have been testing out a new related videos module here and I wanted to let you know we are ready to try out a new location for the module. We will be moving it to the right rail, below the recent activity box. We hope this will be a better location, and provide people with easier access to these videos. We will be activating this on Thursday February 9, so please let me know if you have any questions. I also left a message for TagAlongPam, LuckyTimothy, TeamTaycobSoDealWithIt & Kmanwing. In the future if there is a better place to contact all the admins at once, please let me know where that is. --Sarah (help forum | blog) 17:57, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, As part of improving the viewing experience of both photos and videos, we are working on a new lightbox. We would like to start rolling out the new version of the lightbox here next Wednesday June 6th. You might be wondering, what is new in this version? Improvements include:
- View all types of media (photos and videos) the same lightbox across your wiki (please note that videos that are embedded at width of 320px or larger will play in place on your article and will not launch the lightbox)
- Continuous viewing - when viewing an item in the lightbox, you can advance through all other photos and videos from the article page
- Share - you can now easily share out to multiple social media sites and by email right from the lightbox In the new share, the share URLs will share context by sending your friend to the original article page from which you shared with the lightbox loaded with the shared photo or video and all other photos available on the article page loaded into the carousel.
- Better viewing experience - the lightbox is now larger and displays the maximum possible size of the photos so you can see your media in its best form.
Please let me know if this wiki is ok with being in the first group to receive the new lightbox, as well as any questions or concerns you may have. You were the most recently active admin, so I contacted you about this. Please let me know if there is a better place I should post this. Thanks Sarah (help forum | blog) 00:02, May 31, 2012 (UTC)
Twilight Wiki on Twitter
Hello! How would you feel about taking part of the responsibility for the Twilight Wiki's Twitter (@TwilightersWiki)? We maintain it daily but also like to have fun with it, and we would love to get someone active in the community to help out! We're happy to help out and show you what we do with it. I've contacted LuckyTimothy as well in case he was interested. If you don't think you want to handle the Twitter, please let me know if there is any other user that you think would be interested and would be able to maintain it regularly, thank you!
Grace 19:28, January 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Don't have a Twitter, and have no intention of getting one. You can try talking to TagAlongPam. Thanks anyway. --Charmed-Jay (talk) 09:17, January 26, 2013 (UTC)
Jay, Pam and I have agreed to merge the minor actors stubs in one page, Quileute genealogies-style. I just started, and I can't really do in one sitting - should you disagree, please motivate it on Pam's and my talk page, it's easier than starting one of the counter-edit wars we're famous for. Thanks, MinorStoop 15:32, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm sitting out on this part of the wars. Thanks for the offer though. --Charmed-Jay (talk) 16:32, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
Maybe you should redirect the deleted pages to the Minor actors article. Saves some controversy, Minor. --Charmed-Jay (talk) 17:40, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Can't say you're wrong. I'll do, thanks! MinorStoop 18:07, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Working out of the article stub category. Sorry. MinorStoop 18:07, February 15, 2013 (UTC)
- So that I can pay attention to it myself, you're giving up what? MinorStoop 15:57, February 16, 2013 (UTC)
I don't know - Twilight is a fairly short article, and New Moon is a stub. How do you incorporate pictures into them? I'm not completely sure they belong to the novel articles, but perhaps adding one or two to the "Plot summary" section, and clearly marking them as coming from the graphic novels. MinorStoop 08:07, March 29, 2013 (UTC)
Fun Wikia Project
I wanted to let you know about an interesting initiative Wikia is rolling out. We're reaching out to a few trusted admins first about it because we'd really like to involve you guys specifically. Would you be open to working with us and other Wikia Community members in coming up with ideas for our programs? You'd be invited to join developer round-tables, co-author quizzes and other content, and maybe be invited to the Wikia offices in June (we would fly you out of course). I realize that this is intentially vague, but if you're interested and think you can be free to travel around late May - early June, and feel comfortable signing an Non-Disclosure Agreement, we can put you on our list of interested members.
We will of course let you know of more details in the future, but if you are interested, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm!
Kate 20:37, April 9, 2013 (UTC)
Well, since Didyme is the only mentioned character without an "Appearances" section or a "Notes" redirecting to the guide, I'm exploring a way to fix the lack. Please, see here for what I asked Pam. MinorStoop 22:10, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
At last check, the "Biography" header is used when there is at least a book subheader: "Twilight", "New Moon", etc. If there's no book section, well...
I'll look into that, to bring up to consistency. MinorStoop 12:13, June 9, 2013 (UTC)
OK, let's stop for the moment until we get the issue straight.
Having only a "Former members" subsection is lame, in my opinion. If we want it, we'll need also a "Current members", otherwise we'd better dispense with both of them and rely on a note on the individual paragraph.
MinorStoop 15:59, June 19, 2013 (UTC)
- I mean, most of the times, "Former members" the only subsection of "Members". Alone, it is useless.
- Alright, you win. "Current"-away. Charmed-Jay (talk) 16:06, June 19, 2013 (UTC)
Hi Charmed Jay!
I just wanted to reach out about a "Supernatural Boyfriend Makeover" Wikia contest that we are holding on the fashion wiki. We do have two vampire candidates and thought that you and the other Twilight users might be interested! (The prize is a season 5 DVD box set of True Blood).
If you think you or others might be interested, would you mind posting a link to the contest on the Twilight wiki?
Thanks so much! Let me know if you have any questions. Best, Ariana 17:33, August 2, 2013 (UTC)
New video feature enabled for testing
I am writing to let you know that this community has been chosen to test out a new feature we just released: Licensed Video Swap. This is an admin only page, that allows for automatic finding and replacing of videos already on your wiki with their matches from Wikia Video. Why might you want to do this? Many of the videos embedded on wikis become unavailable when they are removed or taken down for copyright violations. To provide an alternative, Wikia has licensed thousands of videos for use across Wikia from several content partners. Wikia has the official license to display these videos. We receive new videos daily, so our library is constantly growing!
This special page is an easy way for you to see if we have a licensed copy of the same or similar videos on your wikis. Please note that often the exact same video may have a different video thumbnail so it's best to preview the videos before you make a decision.
We are testing this on a few select wikis, and would love to hear your feedback. Is this page easy to use? Did the videos match what was already there? What improvements would you like to see made to this page that would encourage you to use it more?
This is a new tool, so please remember that as you try it out. We are continuing to build upon it, so your early stage feedback is very important to us. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you in advance!
Uley family edit
This unregistered user has modified this name "Clara Zollanger" to "Clara Lollanger" in two instances on the Uley family page. Could you check it, please? - I'm unable to.
Thanks, MinorStoop 10:40, August 14, 2013 (UTC)