Welcome to 'Alisha MJG Barresi's Talk Page :)
I think addicting Categories is a thing, which only experienced Users should do, because it is complex which Categories should get changed.
If you have any question you can ask me on my Talkpage
- I've been seeing you adding non-existent categories the last couple of days. I just assumed that maybe you didn't understand how the process works, but from Jo's above post that maybe you just don't care -- hard to tell on the Internet. You can't create a category say for example, "Angela" for Angela Webber. It doesn't exist. If you are having trouble with what categories need to be added please ask. I am hoping you aren't adding categories for badges, surely not. Again if you are unsure how to add categories, ask. :) LuckyTimothy 17:34, February 11, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Categories organisation
Re: Categories organisation
- "Emm I'm Kinda Needing Help With The Whole 'Catergory' Thing. I Truely Don't Understand How It Works.. "/ "
- — Alisha Mjg Barresi in a Comment on my Talkpage
- The whole category system works like a tree. Each page not meant to have every possible category that it could fit under, only the most specific category along any branch. For example, Edward Cullen is categorized under Category:Cullen family, and that category is categorized under Category:Vegetarian vampires. Therefore, his article should not have the category "Vegetarian vampires" because "Cullen family" already includes it (since every page categorized under "Cullen family" would also fit under "Vegetarian vampires"). If I'm not explaining it well enough, reading this might help. And let me know if there is anything I can help clarify.
I think Category-Pages can also be very interesting, like: Category:Shape-Shifters
- This Category-Page has no text, like Category:Mothers, but this isn't so important, cause normally you know who fits to this Category, without text
- You see 5 Subcategories.
- Every of this Subcategories is a part of the Shape-Shifers
- Then you see Pages with this category
- (The first should be the related page to this Category, but how to change the order is not so important.)
- The Great Wolf
- Yaha Uta
- Werewolf insults
- Werewolves vs. Vampires
- Taha Wi
- The Shape-Shifters who are in a Pack aren't added here, cause they are already added in the Subcategories, see bullet point 2.
- Then you see this Category has also some Categories itself like:
Like Admin:LuckyTimothy said it doesn't make sense to create Category Robert Pattinson, cause it won't be an useful category, like Category:Vegetarian vampires, cause you know everyone who would fit to Category Robert Pattinson.
If you would want to earn the badges, you will hardly find pages, where Categories should be added, especially the main characters have normally all Categories to which they fit.
In this Wiki there is no excact explanation how to add Categories, but in Wikipedia is a long explanation.
(I also didn't read the whole page)
I hope I could help you, but you can ask me again, if you need more help.
Highlighting and underlining on Eclipse titles.
Now, you've tickled my curiosity. You keep highlighting and underlining the titles in the Eclipse movie page; any reasonable reason why? My current working hypotheses are that you're either trying for a badge (there are better ways to do it) or fireflying for attention (you may get the wrong kind of attention), and I hope you be able to dismantle them both. :) Ngebendi 23:05, February 24, 2011 (UTC)