Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Or they will get sentenced to death if they don't comply with the laws. There aren't many of them, and it is up for each single vampire, to go by them.
They mainly concern the secrecy surrounding the existence of vampires.
- Hunts must be inconspicuous, with victims unlikely to be missed; their remains must be disposed of and territory must be changed often.
- Incapable of self-control, and therefore a threat of exposure, immortal children are not to be created. Sasha and Vasilii were executed under this law.
- Dealing with Children of the Moon, except for the purpose of extermination, is prohibited.
- False witness, regardless of intent, is forbidden. Irina was executed under this law.
- Hunting is forbidden in Volterra, the town of residence of the Volturi; their food is brought from outside, sometimes from quite far away.
- Attention should not be drawn and vampires should not be noticed in sunlight. The penalty of breaking this law is death. Edward Cullen was nearly executed for walking into sunlight.
- Newborn vampires must be trained before they can be released on their own. Methods have been identified to do so, and they often require more than one mature vampire to be used. By letting a newborn hunt wildly, the penalty will be death both to the newborn and its creator.
- Rebellion against the Volturi is prohibited. Of course, it is nearly impossible to succeed.
Throughout the centuries, many vampires are born after the laws were established, and every vampire was taught of these laws by their creator.
Though they think of the laws as an accepted fact, they do not know that it is really the Volturi's scheme to maintain control of the vampire world.
But to this day, many vampires still continue to obey this law. Like the Cullens and the Denali Coven are obeying, which leads them to move approximately every 6 to 7 years to stop talk in the human world.
Which law do you favor and which law do you think should be gotten rid of.