Are Jacob & Edward really the "ideal" love interests of the Team Jacob vs. Team Edward debates? Hmmmm...
- Jacob sexually assaults Bella when he physically forces a kiss on her - as per: http://www.womenshealth.gov/faq/sexual-assault.cfm#a
- Edward's behavior scores a 7/11 on the The Domestic Violence Guide. http://www.domesticviolence.com/whatis.html
The Domestic Violence Guide lists characteristics of domestic violence:
- constantly criticize you and your abilities as a spouse or partner, parent or employee?
- behave in an over-protective manner or become extremely jealous?
- threaten to hurt you, your children, pets, family members, friends or himself?
- prevent you from seeing family or friends?
- get suddenly angry or "lose his temper"?
- destroy personal property or throw things around?
- deny you access to family assets like bank accounts, credit cards, or the car, or control all finances and force you to account for what you spend?
- use intimidation or manipulation to control you or your children? hit, punch, slap, kick, shove, choke or bite you?
- prevent you from going where you want to, when you want to, and with whomever you want to?
- make you have sex when you don't want to or do things sexually that you don't want to do?
- humiliate or embarrass you in front of other people?
Edward's final score: 7/11 - not bad for an amateur! :P The only thing debatable is #8 where it says "hit, punch, slap, kick, shove, choke or bite you?" - he bit her to save her "life" & change her, which she wanted; he shoved her to "protect" her when Jasper loses control. (Injuring her much worse than her little papercut in the process, I might add. Also, I always thought his shoving her out of the way was a bit excessive. Simply stepping between her and Jasper & blocking him the way he ended up doing anyway would have been just as effective.) However, the first part of #8 is "use intimidation or manipulation to control you" - which he clearly does, so he still scores the point.
Mike & Tyler are both starting to look better & better as nice, normal match for Bella... lol
If you know me on here, you will know I'm a fan & not a hater, this was just to make you think a little bit. ;)