Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It's the beginning of Banned Books Week, BBW is an annual event celebrating the freedom to read and the importance of the First Amendment. Many classics have been at one point been threatened or even in danger of being banned.
The Office of Intellectual Freedom released this list of "Top Ten Most Frequently Challenged Books of 2010"
- And Tango Makes Three, by Peter Parnell and Justin Richardson. Reasons: homosexuality, religious viewpoint, and unsuited to age group
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian, by Sherman Alexie. Reasons: offensive language, racism, sex education, sexually explicit, unsuited to age group, and violence
- Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley. Reasons: insensitivity, offensive language, racism, and sexually explicit
- Crank, by Ellen Hopkins. Reasons: drugs, offensive language, and sexually explicit
- The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. Reasons: sexually explicit, unsuited to age group, and violence
- Lush, by Natasha Friend. Reasons: drugs, offensive language, sexually explicit, and unsuited to age group
- What My Mother Doesn't Know, by Sonya Sones. Reasons: sexism, sexually explicit, and unsuited to age group
- Nickel and Dimed, by Barbara Ehrenreich. Reasons: drugs, inaccurate, offensive language, political viewpoint, and religious viewpoint
- Revolutionary Voices, edited by Amy Sonnie. Reasons: homosexuality and sexually explicit
- Twilight, by Stephenie Meyer. Reasons: religious viewpoint and violence
******* What kind of Reason are those ???? I mean, " religious viewpoint and violence " come on, I totally disagree with that... For my Twilight is a true love story, just that ... obviously it isn't for childs. **** Now, I really value my freedom to read !!!!
What do you think !!!! I want to know.