Hello Twihards! I've never been really good at writing a description of myself, and now's no exception, I have no idea. My name is Alex, yup, I'm a teenager, so what, and I like Twilight very much.Boo.
What is it about Twilight that I like? :-?
I love Twilight and (almost) all its aspects, though I'm not exactly going to faint at seeing any of the actors or whatever. I love some characters that weren't given enough - if at all - screen time (I still don't know why I fall for these kind of characters), and I want you to know I'm only talking about the book. If I say I love a character, I don't mean the actor who plays said character. No, not at all, and I kind of hate it when people refer to Robert P. as a "hot vampire" or they say "Edward is so hot!". Yeah, I know enough to say they only mean the looks, so they generally mean "Robert Pattinson is so hot!", because they don't know what Edward looks like in S.M.'s mind or anyone else's for that matter. We all imagine Edward differently; of course,that's kinda hard to do now that everytime I think ' Edward ' Pattz pops up. I doubt people would think Edward is "so hot" because of the affection and love he displays. Well anyway.
I read all the books available, meaning Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn, The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner, and the chapters of Midnight Sun posted on S.M.'s site after the scandal. Not to mention the fanfiction. When I discovered Twilight in 2008 or so, I was all over Naruto - and still am, just saying - .That's about it.
Twilight is, speaking from a different point of view, just another story with vampires,but to me it's the first vampire story I fell in love with. I've been watching more and more vampire movies since 2008, yet I've never seen Dracula, which is considered a classic (so I've heard). The first book I read is New Moon,and I was confused as I went through it.THEN I got it!(Actually, it took me a while to watch the movie again and actually understand it! It was just like:"Huh?Why is he reacting like that?It's just a fan!"-later:"Oh...poor Edward..her scent must be terrifying him!" and "Why is she leaving??Where is she going?Why is she at the hotel with two weirdos?" later: "He's just trying to protect her...sigh." =)).You have no idea how hilarious it is for me to think back on it all.
How I came across Twilight(dun dun dun dun)*drumroll please*: A friend had it on a DVD(illegal :-" )and she asked if I heard of it.Did I?Suuure...So I came home,put it in,watched it...and yeah.My reaction to it:"Yeah..nice..so.......what's for dinner?" But now everytime I watch it I'm like:"Oh come on!Why why why didn't you turn her?You would have saved us hundreds of pages of whining!!" But of course, he would have also ruined everything.Huh.Guess that's what controversial feelings mean.So then,I read New Moon,with very little knowledge from the film(and convinced my dad to buy it pretending to be such a huuuge fan) and I was more confused than ever,until they arrived in Volterra.Yup,there I got it,except the voting thing.Then I watched Twilight again,and got it all!(because at first..didn't have subtitles :)) )So then I moved onto Eclipse,finished it just as New Moon came out, and then BD was my LIFE!By then,completely in love.SO yeah, I know you don't care, but this is my page and I want to fill it out! :))
My goal on the Twilight Saga Wiki: I want to help improve it by the smallest details, even if it means correcting spelling mistakes.I also want to get to know other people who like or love Twilight, and possibly make friends.
Pages I'm Following
Debate.Which one's better?Definately the book.No,the movie.Then again,the book.I've been going back and forth between these two,the next two,AND the next two,and all three wins belong to the....books!Why?Because I said so.By the way,that's a nice comedy.You should see it.Anyway.Yes,I do think the books are better,except Twilight...hm...no,it's okay,but from Edward's point of view.I hardly can believe I brought myself to read Twilight because it was the last book I read.At the rate the movie was going,yes,ouch.To be able to sit through all those pages of mistery and lameness is a virtue I can't enjoy.So my first vote goes ultimately to the movie,but overall,at the end of the day,I prefer to read the book.If I were to rediscover Twilight,I'd try to read the first book first.
Another issue I've got with the movies.New Moon did not capture Bella's depression,which might've been the only thing she suffers through in the entire saga.See what I mean?These people,they're ALL on Bella's side!All of them!None can be trusted.They're vampires,you can't trust them.
Edward's with Bella,Jake's with Bella,Alice and the whole family,minus Rosalie,fact which I actually admired her for, that was, until she stated she envies Bella, everyone at school, blah blah blah.Except Leah.Yeah,she doesn't like Bella.She yelled at her in BD.Good girl.I like Leah a little more now.
My opinion on these two: The movie sucked and the book rocked! Because:
- I didn't get to see Bella kiss Jacob, yet in Eclipse...I do, sadly.
- Bella, though she describes the training as she sees it, it's much more than what they show in the movie.
- I'm too lazy to think up other reasons, but Eclipse was very entertaining, especially the part where Edward thought Bella was afraid of him and pleaded with her to drop the rock. I still don't like it that he just simply went up to her, ripped a piece of her shirt and bandaged her arm. Blah.
Signs that clearly show you're a Twihard
- When it's a sunny day you wonder what would happen if Edward were there.
- You find yourself wondering if a new vampire is responsible for a murder.
- Every time someone mentions the name of a character in the book you squeal(this includes all characters, not just Edward).
- You find yourself angry or not speaking to a friend who dislikes your favorite character.
- If you see a picture of a wolf your first thought is Jacob or werewolves.
- You keep hoping that one of the characters will dump their canon pairing and marry you instead.
- You decide you want a car that is like Alice’s, Jasper’s, or Edward’s.
- If you hear someone mention “Forks” you think of a rainy little town.
- You write fan fics, rants, and entire stories on Twilight.
- Whenever you hear your parents talk about calling a mechanic you think of Jacob.
You listen for Twilight related words so much that if someone mentions something that is LIKE something in the book, your mind immediately goes to Twilight. An example of this would be if someone says “Spoons” and you think of “Forks” or if someone says “Edwin” you immediately think of Edward.
- You tell your boyfriend he can stop by any night he feels like, but he has to enter through the window.
- You want to go cliff diving during a hurricane wind in a hope that Jacob (or another werewolf) will be there to save you. Going cliff diving in La Push gives you extra points.
- When you hear thunder, you think of vampires playing baseball.
- When someone mentions Romeo and Juliet you only know what it is because of Twilight.
- While reading Romeo and Juliet you imagine the Twilight characters rather than the real ones. For instance, Romeo=Edward, Juliet=Bella, Paris=Jacob.
- After watching a major league baseball game you find it tame. After all, it’s not nearly so interesting as barely seeing the players.
- When you were told you were wrong, you insist that New Moon told you so.
- When told New Moon is a fiction book you argue with “But –insert your favorite character’s name here- must be real!”
- You only go to school on non-sunny days.
- You become a doctor just in case you run into Carlisle in a few years.
- You deny ever turning beyond eighteen. You can’t be too old for Edward and Jacob, how terrible!
- You spend more effort and time rooting for a character (especially a side character) then you do on activities like reading the books, doing your homework, and taking care of your pets.
- On your eighteenth birthday you purposefully cut yourself hoping a vampire will try and attack you (and then of course that you’ll be saved by Edward).
- Whenever you hear a song about romance you think of Bella and Edward. Double points if you hear a song about someone not being loved back and think of Jacob. Triple points if you can match every romance song in existence with Twilight in some way or form.
- You hugged your twilight book and carried it around with you at school all day, after your best friend finally gave it back! (I threatened her, she had no choice...she didn't finish is, but seriously she had it for a week!!)
- Your outside in your backyard practicing soccer at about 9:00 pm and it is pitch black. I mean pitch black, but you're not scared because who cares? If there’s a vampire then, well, thank god, maybe you'll get lucky enough to get bitten and spend the rest of your life like the Cullen’s! So you purposely kick the ball really far near the forest and make sure you're wearing a ton of perfume and r really loud when you get there.
- You snuck out in the middle of the night, spoke to at least 10 dark and dangerous looking strangers, and drove your friends motorcycle, just to hear Edwards voice in your head
- For the in-school presidential election you wrote 'Carlisle Cullen' on the ballot instead of McCain or Obama
- You make up an imaginary friend(Edward Cullen)because no one else in the school even close to qualifies and maybe that’s why I’ve been getting funny looks lately because I might be talking to my new friend, a.k.a myself. He walks to class with me and he’s really sweet. And his eyes smolder and he’s got a crooked smile. It’s pretty glorious.
- When you went to the movie, and your friends got wicked mad at you because you got upset about every little difference between the book and the movie like Bella wearing a green shirt to the Cullen's house instead of blue...
- You wrote Edward Cullen n Jacob Black all over the paper your science teacher handed out, instead of notes, and now you are going to fail the test, but you don't even care cause your twilight "Notes" look really pretty hung up in your locker!
- You almost attacked a girl for saying 'Edward Cullen sucks and is really creepy' to you, when she hasn't even read the books! And you actually growled at her!(It was slightly embarrassing after, but NO ONE insults Edward when I'm around)
- You suddenly look at every boy in your school and think 'What a Mike Newton!'
- You've read the books at least ten times
- You cried when your best friend finally persuaded you to lend them your Twilight book
- You went to the midnight premiere of the movie and wore a twilight shirt and your pajama bottoms to school the next day
- You search the woods once a week for over-sized wolves
- You own at least four twilight shirts
- Every single sheet of paper in your school books says Jacob black and Edward Cullen on them, with hearts.
- You’d never heard of Wuthering Heights before reading Eclipse, but after reading Eclipse you have decided it is one of your favorite books… Before you read it. (Same goes for Romeo and Juliet)
- You tried to get your birthday legally changed to August 2nd
- Whenever you hear the name Edward you go “What?! Where?!”
- You went to the doctor and called him Carlisle
- You buy a ‘Cullen car’ just to see if it comes with a free vampire
- You watched the fourth Harry Potter movie and cried when ‘Edward’ died
- You decided, before reading Breaking Dawn, that if Edward dies you’re heading for Volterra
- You can hear Edward in your head
- You asked your parents to cancel your Disney vacation and plan a road trip to Forks instead.
- You’re walking alone at night and you wish you could get into trouble with some thugs so Edward could save you.
- You throw New Moon at the wall when Edward leaves -- no matter how many times you've read it
- When you go into a deep depression when you realize you're done with all the Twilight books
- When you wear something that says twilight on it all the time
- When you pass notes to your friends that say Edward *giggle* or another Cullen name just to make them giggle in class
- When your heart starts to pound when you hear the word "vampire"
- You go to your doctor and tell him 'your secret is safe with me'
- If you actually spent 5 minutes or so reading these just because they had the word Twilight in them.Or because of the title.
Pages I've created
- Top Ten Stupid Reasons Why Edward Is Made Stupid
My favorite pages
- Embry Call
- Top Ten Characters
- Ten Reasons Why Bree Tanner Should Still Be Alive
- Alice Cullen and Jasper Hale