- "Royce King was the most eligible bachelor in town. I barely knew him."
- ―Rosalie, on Royce[src]
Royce King II was a human who lived during the Great Depression. He was engaged to Rosalie Hale for a short period of time, but gang-raped and beat her almost to death with a group of his friends. Rosalie, after completing her transformation into a vampire, returned to kill him and the friends that were there on her last night of being human. He was perceived as being out-spoken and arrogant, but Rosalie was attracted to his good looks and wealth.
in Rochester, and his father owned the bank where Rosalie Hale's father heard drunken laughter
- "I saved Royce for last. I hoped that he would hear of his friends' deaths and understand, know what was coming for him. I hoped the fear would make the end worse for him. I think it worked."
- ―Rosalie on killing Royce King[src]
After discovering her immense, superhuman power, Rosalie reaped revenge on her attackers and brutally murdered Royce and his friends, one at a time. She saved Royce for last so that he would be driven mad with fear. Rosalie stole a wedding dress for the occasion and went in search of her murderer and former fiancé. Knowing that something was coming for him, Royce locked himself in a windowless room with a thick, vault-like door, guarded by two men. Rosalie killed the guards and burst into the room, where she slowly tortured Royce before finally killing him, though made sure not to spill any of his blood as she wouldn't have been able to resist drinking it and wanted no part of him or any of his friends inside her.
In the movie, he locked himself in a hotelroom guarded by three men, but Rosalie found him and Royce panicked when he heard the screams and rumbling outside the door before Rosalie pushed open the door, scaring him completely.
In the books, Royce was described to be having pale blond hair and light blue eyes and about 6 ft tall with pale skin. In the film, his appearance altered to having brown hair, dark brown eyes and tan skin.
Jack Huston stated in an interview that he was originally supposed to play a newborn but didn't get much sleep the night before and showed up "a little edgy", impressing David Slade who asked him to switch roles.
- ↑ Wendy Mitchell (2009-08-11). Jack Huston to play Royce King II in 'Eclipse'. Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved on 2009-08-12.
- ↑ http://www.eclipsemovie.org/jack-huston-talks-about-his-part-in-eclipse/