- "She is overwhelmingly physically appealing to men and women, humans and vampires. Resisting her allure is possible but also very difficult, especially if she is trying hard to attract."
- ―Entry on Heidi's gift[src]
Through this power, Heidi can make herself physically appealing, supported by her own natural beauty. Anyone who sees her will find her physically attractive to the point of irresistible and feel themselves drawn toward her, regardless of gender or species. She can likely use this power to make people do her commands.
This makes seducing them very easy and anyone who sees her will find it hard to resist her invitations.
This gift makes her the perfect "fisher" for the Volturi: she acts not only as the fisher, but also as "bait" to lure people into her traps, like food in a cage.
While this power works merely by her exceptional beauty, she would dress up to emphasize it.
Though difficult - especially when she is trying hard to attract someone - it is possible to resist her power. This gift, like Jane's, Alec's, and Demetri's, is mental and so can be blocked by Bella's power, as mentioned in The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide.
Heidi's gift drew the Volturi's attention in the late 16th century. Aro found her skill valuable enough to acquire her, and so destroyed her coven with the excuse of attracting too much notice from humans with their large coven and had Chelsea sway her loyalty. While she was spared, Victoria, one of her coven members, managed to escape with her gift of survival.
Since then, Heidi had been working within the Volturi as the "fisher", often using their wealthy resources and advancing technology to attract humans. The humans targeted were generally fooled by extravagant advertisements and/or fine prized offers, such as winning a vacation to Hawaii or a high paid salary job in France: no one ever knew they were headed for Italy. When they arrived, Heidi did the job of luring: she used her power to make herself irresistible and ask them follow her through the tunnels to the Volturi's lair.
- "Ah, Felix. Heidi will be here at any moment. Patience."
- ―Aro to Felix's thirst.[src]
Near the end of New Moon, Heidi is seen leading a group of tourists into the Volturi's head chambers for the members to feast on. Bella Swan notes that she has a hard time looking away due to her beauty, enhanced by her well-dressing. She also realizes that Heidi is not only the fisher, but also the bait to lure food into a trap.
- Raoul had the power to attract weak-minded individuals and make them view him as their leader. While their powers worked differently, it was generally to attract others. Heidi's power appears to be stronger than his.
- Chelsea's ability to influence emotional bonds between people is similar to Heidi's ability to attract others.